Saturday 2 March 2019

Talbetop Ironing Baord

Saturday is a good time to catch- up on things, but today my daughter and I went to a quilt store and they had a sale on. Oh boy, was I in trouble with my mini-budget of  $20/month?  In the end, I spend nearly $100.

Fabric Sale just For Me!

 The yellow/pink print may be used as a backing for a small quilt. The other four could be used as blenders. Orange fabrics are on my high-priority list because my stash is so low.  Not my favourite colour, but they give a beautiful accent and contrast to a quilt.  I also purchased white-on-white fabric.

Tabletop Ironing Board


My larger ironing board is very useful, but when I sewed my piece, I would rather have a  small ironing board by my side.  This one was store aside and almost gave it away at the triftstore when we moved, but decide not too.

It looked dirty and overused, and batting under is so thin that it doesn't make for good pressing and it was stained.

A year ago, I purchased a kit that had a heat resistant fabric. It was to make a caddy pad which I never did it, so I used it for this project.


   I laid down on my table all the three layers of fabric for this project: Thermal poly batting, silver heat resistant fabric, and print fabric. The original cover-up for the ironing board was used as a template, then I trimmed the excess fabric, leaving about 1 1/2" all around. I winged it:)


 My fabric laid nicely down on my table, I set my ironing board over it, upside down and started stapling started with the curvy part. Then the middle part and stretched the fabric as I stapled the fabric all around. I used a stronger stapler.

                                           What a nice ironing board. A 20 minutes job. Cost $0.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...