Thursday 28 February 2019

Sewing Room- Painting


When we moved into our new home six months ago, the painted accent wall didn't work for me at all. It got worse when I started quilting again. I added extra lighting, but it didn't help either. My pictures were always shaded and it drove me nuts to constantly reorganized my three folded tables.


Last Saturday, I decided to clear the room completely. It took me four hours because as you know me,  it's the best time to reorganize my sewing stuff and fabrics.  With everything out of the way, I could measure my sewing area, which is 8' x 11'.  Not bad, if you think I have only two walls the play with, because of the rest in the traffic area to a bedroom, laundry room, bathroom and under the stairs. 



 Will it make a difference? On yeah!  The paint I choose is a light grey called Shiny Luster.

 My plan for this is was simply to add one 5 storage units that could store my fabrics and other sewing things,  and two tables (2' x 6 1/2').  My husband and I discussed if we would build the unit and table, but we decided to purchase them from Ikea. Can't wait to set them up in a week from now.
It hard to believed that the area I'm using is 8' x 11". My basement has a L-shape. sewing area is hiding from the entrance, but I can see outside my windows from that corner. And yes, the lighter paint as definitely lighten up the area. Love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...