Tuesday 30 July 2024

Garden Petal

Hello, my quilting friends, 

 

Starching

 

On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on the clothesline.


Meanwhile, I brought the ironing board to the gazebo to press the fabric when the fabric dried. 

 

 

All the fabric starched, pressed, and ready. I selected a variations of light blue, green, yellow, and pink for the Garden Petal.


The white is for the background and the light green for sashing and first inner border, and butterflies for outer border.
 

 

Pattern

 

The Garden Petal by Riley Blake Design is perfect for a scrappy quilt. I downloaded the free PDF pattern and colored the twenty Churn Dash blocks with the EQ8, selecting the fabric of my choosing.

 The sashing and cornerstones separated the blocks, and two borders were added. 

 

One of my mother's first blocks she used in her quilt was the Churn Dash block, and I'll be making this one in remembrance of the lovely quilts she gave to our children.

 

Garden Petal

All the pieces were stored in a clear plastic organize bin with its project's number reference.This was great preparing these two projects ahead of time before we travel next month.

Let's Go Quilt!

 

 Resources

Garden Petals Pattern: https://www.lovecrafts.com/en-us/p/riley-blake-garden-petals-downloadable-pdf

Clear Plastic Bin:https://www.amazon.ca/IRIS-SBC-350E-Portable-Project-Scrapbook/dp/B08V21RXFY/ref=sw_ttl_d_rp_c_8?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B08V21RXFY&pd_rd_w=A2oyB&content-id=amzn1.sym.049e01d6-a7c2-4ed5-8851-c2ffe671b33b&pf_rd_p=049e01d6-a7c2-4ed5-8851-c2ffe671b33b&pf_rd_r=1ZXRQW2SV9PNAYKMB7AY&pd_rd_wg=WcgzZ&pd_rd_r=5dff3f5c-2e62-42f7-9848-0689638c8435



 

 

 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...