Monday 25 March 2019

Rosettte #5- Part 2


This month, I was determined to complete Rosette #5 and spend hours hand-stitching the 19 blocks together. After completion, the rosette was not what I imagined it would be. What went wrong!









The center of my rosette became distinctive of its own, and it was not connected to the outer part of the rosette.  So was I to redo 19 blocks all over again? Hope not!


After thinking this through, I came up with a very simple solution. I embroidered over those green-parts simple stitches from my Janome 7700, so that it resembled the design from Kaja's fabric and it worked.


                       I used Isacord thread of a dark purple.



When the blocks for rosette #5 were all sewed together, I removed some of the papers, but only those near the center, leaving the ones on the outer part of the rosette for support. Then pressed the seams flat.

If you recall, I started this rosette on January 18/19.  It's time for another great rosette!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...