Friday 29 March 2019

Rosette #6: Planning


Planning Is Never Enough

My initial plan for this entire quilt was to create every single rosette with its own distinct hues of blues, greens, and purple.  At first, it was a simple matter of selecting the fabrics I loved, but not so much now.  Rosette 6, the combinations of fabrics clashed or blended with the other ones. After five attempts, I laid all the rosettes on the floor in order to select fabrics that will enhance the other ones.


                                 Block 1: This is the center of my rosette 6.


All my rosette on the floor and selecting fabrics for rosette #6.


Cutting the fabrics into pieces and cutting the paper for it, and ready to be glued together.


                                 Not a bad start! And 16 more blocks hexagon to go. I hope the rest will go nicely with this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...