Saturday 30 March 2019

Quilt #13- Green's Crossing


What did I do on a long raining day? Quilting of course!
I cut all my pieces the night before and today I sewed a mile an hour and done in 3 hours. Yep, I was determined to finish this top-quilt today. You may think, it was a small one, nope, it's a queen size quilt. This quilt is huge. It touches the top of my ceiling and goes down to the floor. I'm certainly not rushing to quilt this one soon. Perhaps next winter.




Selection of Fabrics
But it was the perfect pattern for the use of many of the blue floral prints that were given to me ago from a quilt-retreat and not necessarily knew what to do with it.  The solid blue-violet was purchased about five years ago from a previous quilt-along class but didn't use it then, and I also used a mixture of red and orange Batik for accenting the quilt.

Because I changed the colour themes for this pattern, I photocopy the top quilt on a grey tone and used it to place my colour choices, using colouring pencils to draw. It always helps to visualize where everything goes.

It all this pattern is super easy. Large blocks and large pieced. Just a BIG quilt in the end. Have in mind that it needs 7 1/2 yards for the backing. So if you are on a low budget like me, then you may think twice before doing it.







You can purchase the pattern at the Quilting Company:

Green's Crossing by Janice Prytz




No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...