Friday 25 October 2019

Mini-Goals-2

.My mini-goals for the week are:
1)Quilt the charity quilt
2)Sandwich a small quilt
3)Millefiore rosette #8- Plan & cut out pattern
4) Create a simple patter as a bag-gift for a home-care

1.Charity Quilt- Done!

Charity quilts are great for a beginner or advanced quilter for developing their skills in a new design. This quilt was entirely done with a Walking Foot. I drew curve-8 lines and echoed them without a guide-foot.

The design for this quilt was taken from Explore Walking Foot Quilting with Leah Day.

2. Sandwich Quilt

This quilt took about 3 hrs to quilt and binding is done on it too. I traced continuous lines and I had very little breaks between each section. I stitched in the ditch in the grey area and free-motioned on the lines.

3.Millefiore Rosette #9

Yep, you read right. I'm not working on rosette 8, but #9. Changing my mind on mini-goals for this week is not going to affect my overall purpose in completing this long-term project. Why did I change my course of action, you would ask curiously. It's because I've started to sew together the larger pieces and it's so encouraging to see the project as a whole. And for this reason, I'm working on Rosette #9 that fits the left top corner. Rosette 8 is centred. 

4. Bag Simpler

After a few trials and errors, I figured out the size of the bag that would fit our needs as a gift-bag. For this one, I use old jeans and scraps Batiks. Instead of using interfacing, I used small scraps of batting. All this will keep the cost down for that bag.  We need to make 60.

                                            It took 30 minutes to make this bag.


Same bag in its original size.  For this one I used interfacing and it didn't really stiffen the bag as I would like it to be.

True Woman 

Have you wondered during those long hours sitting at your machine that it is a great opportunity to listen to a podcast?  For my part, I enjoy listening to women and men of faith. It is always a blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...