Tuesday 15 October 2019

Thankgiving




Thanksgiving is a time to spend with family and friends.  Time for the plentiful harvest from our garden or from our grocery stores. And the beautiful varieties of colourful from the leaves. Weather is getting colder and colder and it's almost time to get ourselves ready inside with our hand-sewing with a hot chocolate. My millefiore stalled for most of last year, but after I figured another way to sew my pieces together, I was on a roll. Also to keep myself at a good pace, I've written down on a simple line of paper, mini-goals for the next two rosettes. Even if this Millefiore is a long-term project, I want to be going forward with it.

Rosette #7


Flat-Back-Stitch

 The Flat-Back-Stitch works great for me.  Each individual piece is paired and tapped together with Scotaped to hold them together. You can also use that quilter-clip, but I prefer tapping them together. Instead of folding the piece and stitching it, I laid it flat and stitched from that position.                              


       I've sewed this block into smaller segments of 2s, then 4s.  My pieces are held by Scotch tape.


                  I'm using the same thread and you cannot see my stitches. What a success!


  There wasn't much planning for this rosette and it turned out quite nicely.  Six more hexes to make for this rosette and it will be completed.

                                

                                              Not bad. Not perfect. It will do *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...