Thursday 3 October 2019

Knock-Offs- Blue Dress

Here is my first 'knock-offs' dress I made this week. The dress was slightly modified. Higher V neck enclosure and waist. I haven't sewed apparel for women in years. This dress has many errors I'm not proud of, but it's still very cute. 
                                                                            FRONT

                                                               BACK

CopyRights for Utilitarian Clothing

I've learned fashion has no limit on what you can copy or modified to make it your own because clothing is utilitarian. You are not allowed to copy logos or used fabric that has a designer logos on it.
So Sew Easy has made a very good article on the subject. 

Lining to Bodice

After you sewed your lining on your bodice, trim the excess of fabric from 5/8" to 3/8". Then sew a  near the edge of the lining. This will help the lining to stay inside the apparel. Press, making sure the lining is inside the apparel. Tack the lining in the side allowances.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...