Friday 18 October 2019

Quilt Simpler

 One of my mini-goal for this week, a quilt sampler I started in 2017 with the quilter's guild in Prince George. I'm so glad it's done and I will work on another smaller top quilt next week. Maybe the charity quilt that has been on my cutting table for the entire month of September.


 Simpler Quil

 Lazy Little Hands

The free-motion stitches on this quilt are in many spot irregular, crooked, and ugly.  Even in some areas on the front and back of the quilt, there are buckling. What happened to my nice stitches? Lack of practice just does that. I had no control over my pulling-pushing and my hands were trying too hard to stay where my eyes were telling them to go. Have you ever dealt with those issues? Well, you know what they say


Practice. Practice. Practice.



 First-time free-motion feathers in the border. Not perfect.


Which I haven't done since last June. In fact, I've done much quilting at all since 2017. Yes, a little here and there, but not continually have I should have.  And it okay. Sometimes I have to go back to the basic and retrained my brain and my eyes. It's not easy when I introduce a new design to the whole ordeal. But what would be the fun with the same-o-same-o?



    Backing





No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...