Sunday 28 April 2024

BLOCKHEAD 5: Keeping on Track

Keeping track of my monthly goals was challenging, even if I precut a few blocks on Saturdays and pieced them during the week. Other times, I needed more time for sewing, which put me behind on my overall planning. It's Okay. 

Since January 2024, I have set a pace that will benefit from perfecting my piecing with more precision and pressing open the seams flat, giving them a sharp look. Also, even with my best efforts, many projects I may not be able to complete them this year. Working on more than one top per month is a new challenge, as I used to work on ONE quilt at a time. It's not dull. 

Here is a good example how my week is when I worked on different projects.

Purchasing Fabric

I am always looking for sales, and I've to make sure the fabrics I buy are in a light tone and warm colour, for there is a lack of it from my stash.

Christmas Tree

I'm using the Janome 7700 with the walking foot to make long horizontal lines across the quilt.

Black Tie Affair

I precut all the squares in the white/black and black fabric. Most of the fabric is pieces left from previous projects or fabric purchased years ago.

Blockhead 5

For this project, I mainly used my stash and a bit of newer print. Each block takes about one hour, and it's no wonder I'm behind.

Patterns & Sewing


I couldn't pass up the patterns' discount at $3 a piece at Fabricville. I cannot wait to make a new dress with my new Juki serger.

Planning Sheets

I numbered each project with its name and check-marked them when done.


And just for fun, I recorded my block completion on this sheet.

Let's there be Light!

I asked my husband to remove those two ridiculous light bulbs sticking out and install a better lighting fixture that projects better lighting in the small sewing room. As you can see from the quilt on my design wall, I hung a light above my working station, but the rest of the room was dimmed in shadow. It's so much better now!

Another successful month completed with many...many...many more blocks to sew.

Let's Go Quilt!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...