Tuesday 16 April 2024

Lost Blocks

With Spring arriving earlier this season, we've been busy dismantling the winter shelters and storing the winter gear in our shed. We're also transplanting the young plants into bigger pots for growth and transferring them from the basement racks into a solarium deck right from our living room. It's a lot of work.

 On top of this business, I've kept on track with the online woman inductive Bible study. If that wasn't enough, our dog needs a freshening in his training. Oh, and I love reading too! So what happened when I went rear-crazy-sewing to catch up? This is what happened: I quilted Lost Blocks, and completed my first top!

 Labeling a Quilt

There are beautiful ways to make a label, and I've kept it simple: the name of the quilt, the name of the designer who pieced it, and the city/year. Sometimes, I want to make the label more fancy, but giving it a simple record of its basic information is enough for now.

Simple Quilting


                                       A simple overall wavy design, using the Cutie Frame


I found a large piece of fabric stored with other fabric types for the backing because it wasn't 'quilting fabric.' I would never have considered using it if the quilting fabric wasn't that costly. It's cotton fabric, and it quilted perfectly.

Lost Block Quilt


  • My daughter sewed the four blocks in the quilt's center while she was homeschooled. 
  • The two larger blue/green blocks are half triangles sewn together to make those large blocks. They were initially four triangle corners from a previous project.
  • The three Ohio Star are extra blocks from a previous project.
  • The block in the far right corner is an orphan block.
  • The checkerboard was sewed with leftover precut squares.
  • The Churn Dash blocks are the only new addition.
  • And the flora print is from the Thrift store.
As you see, it's a scrappy quilt and it looks great.  Now, see what you've in your bins to make one great scrappy quilt.

Let's Go Quilt!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...