Tuesday 9 April 2024

RBD Block Challenge 2024


 In March, I pieced a few blocks from the RBD Block Challenge 2024, using the same Christmas bundle of fabric I used from a previous project. Starting so many projects in January 2024 delayed a few of them, which benefited me. Instead of getting anxious from being weeks behind, I settled for a peaceful solution. I prepared the blocks on a Saturday and sewed them during the week.

Never fret over a new project, thinking it's too late to work on it. If you
want to make it, taking the time to take joy in the making is worth it. Reevaluated  projects that can be postponed or excluded from your bucket list. 

Quilting so be pure fun!

 Assembly of Blocks:

Block 1

Block 2

Block 3

block 4

Block 5

Block 6

Block 7


Coloring

Sometimes, you can use the most basic tool, like a quadrille paper sheet, to draw your block pattern. This way, you can colour each section to visualize the overall finish block.  Even if I've the EQ8, and could draw these blocks in my program and then colour them, it takes me three times as long as I'm slower and not great with the EQ8 drawing-block. Doing it on a quadrille paper sheet took only a few minutes and voila! 

Love the old ways of doing simple things:)


Power of a Design Wall

 Design walls are another great tool for visualizing your progress. The one here is two pieces of white flannel sewed together. On another wall, I've taped the four corners of a picnic cover table, exposing the back of it. Its fuzzy backing works well to adhere to the block and is affordable..

Flannel Design Wall


What are Your Progress?

In a small journal, I recorded the month as a main page, the date in a column, the project's name in the next column, and how long I worked on it: most designer information, the complete pattern, and the rest written in a binder. The journal gives me an overall picture of my monthly and yearly achievements. 


Now, Let's go Quilt!

RESOURCE

Riley Blake Design: https://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/2024-rbd-block-challenge



No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...