Tuesday 3 October 2023

Rabbits & Bears


 Hello Everyone,





 

 

Getting Back on Track 

Getting back to a routine regarding this blog was quite challenging. But because I wrote pretty much all the information on each quilt into my Quilting Planner, it did help alot.

 

Rabbit/Bear Panel 

So here is what I did with this cute panel with rabbits and bears I purchased years ago. This was another idea that got lost in a bin with other UFOs. So, when I restarted quilting, I used that panel to turn it into a cute baby quilt and practiced free-motion quilting.

Panel turned into a small quilt


 

                                                  Backing was in the same orange fabric.


                           The quilting was done with straight lines, swirls, and wavy designs.

 

 

Spinner #2 

When you take a long break from motion quilting, those little projects are perfect for practicing. Then I finished Spinner #2, another small quilt.  

 

                                      The quilting was done with an overall simple design.
 

 

In Progress:

  • Pumpkin
  • Abide in Him
  • Superlative 
  • Homestead

 

 Orphan Block


This block of twelve, was part of a BOM pattern I never completed. This one was three of four blocks I hand-sewed in 2005  Times and Seasons 2002. What did I do with this orphan block?  I'll share it in my next blog.

 

This block comes from Peacemaker: Times and Seasons quilt:

 https://store.piecemakers.com/piecemakers-2002-times-and-seasons-calendar-and-quilt-book-p389.aspx

 

 

What about you? Do you still have orphan blocks or UFOs that need to be donated or back into your list of priority? 

 

Let's Go Quilt!
 



 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...