Tuesday 31 October 2023

Criss-Cross Stars

When the precut scraps accumulates to a point of bothering my mind because of lack of space in my small sewing, then another scrappy quilt is in need to be assembled.After watching Lori Hold tutorial on Criss Cross Star, I wanted to sew an entire quilt with that block.

Choosing a Palette of Colors

Selecting precut squares avoided repeat boredness or prevented a lack of accent for each scrappy block. The process of choosing the precut scraps didn't linger, for my goal was to sew, sew, sew scrappy blocks.



With each block done, I laid them on my design wall. All the background fabric is from my stash and has a different tone, from white to dark eggshell tones.


 Borders

I used EQ8 custom quilt to design a half-triangle border for the border. Another tool I used is Borders by Design by Paulette Peters. It's an "easy-to-follow resource guide that provides the how-to for designing more than 30 borders." Learn how to divide the side of your borders to make the unit. A bit of fun math involved.


Quilting Time

Sometimes, I wing it and quilt my top with a simple design. For Criss Cross Star, I waved diagonal lines throughout the quilt and a few circles inside some lines.

Close-up of the quilting

Interestingly, the finished Criss Cross Star prompted me to make another one. Refrain from letting the precut scraps go to waste. Use them—another quilt for the perfect gift for someone.

Let's Go Quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...