Wednesday 8 November 2023

Quilt #9: Superlative Quilted!

Perfect Picture

If you don't remember, in April 2018, I posted the Superlative top finished. Now it's quilted, and it looks lovely on the twin bed at my house. Taking a perfect picture of a finished quilt has been challenging with so few sunny days in the forecast. Sometimes, the sun's angle is wrong, or there is too much shadow, but it has to be done and documented in my journal. Many of my quilts are leaving our home as gifts.


Quilter4Him
Quilter4Him

 Fabric Selection

When the designer for the Superlative chose the Emmy Grace Collection of fabric in the beautiful yellow, pink, and brown fabric, I was a bit reluctant to try it in those colours with my stash. I preferred the cold colour wheel, but the challenge was there, and I picked fabric that needed to go out of stash.

 Amazingly, after Superlative was quilted and hung on the close-line on a sunny Fall day, I fall in love with it! Sheesh, lesson taught here is: never underestimated your old fabric or colour you don't care working with because you never know until you sewed it together what awesome result you can get.

Be Straight with Me

As you see in this picture, there are all straight lines, quilted with a walking foot on the Janome 7700; because it's a smaller and manageable quilt, it was simple enough and not bulky.  

 

Backing Mystery

To keep the cost down for the backing, I sewed the panel and the large pieces of fabric left from the project. For this backing, I also use material I purchased on sale many years ago for a project but never did anything with it, so I used it here (the top part). The backing is upside down.
 

And the label is sewn on it, too. Voila, another in progress completed and checked off my list. How is your list 'in progress' coming along?

 

Resources:

Pattern: https://www.quiltingdaily.com/product/superlative-quilt-pattern-download/

Art Gallery Fabric: https://liveartgalleryfabrics.com/person/bari-j/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...