Tuesday 21 November 2023

Quilting on the Cutie frame: Homestead Quilt

 Hello my Friends,

Homestead Quilt

The Homestead top quilt attempt on the Cutie Frame by Grace Company was successful. It could have been better, but the lops looked beautiful. A few things I should have bothered doing during this time was burying the loose thread into the layer of the batting. Learning how to quilt on the Cutie Frame was relatively easy and productive. The quilts chosen for the Cutie are those that I can quilt from left to right.

I favoured the Juki 2010 sewing machine over to the Janome 7700 for the Cutie Frame. Both sewing machines are excellent for quilting large quilts, which I have done with both. I mostly used the Janome 7700 for quilting and the Juki for piecing. It's my preference as the Juki's head is smaller in space, and I can see my work better. In contrast, Janome's head sewing machine is bulky and, instead, in my vision, I tend to crank my neck lower to see what I'm sewing. It's a bad habit I must correct while piecing with the Janome 7700.

It's unbelievable that this quilt took a week to finish on the Cutie. The results are excellent.

 Above is the close-up of the lop quilting done on the Homestead quilt. Another trick I learned on YouTube from people who used the Cutie Frame for quilting was to use clamps to hold the rolled quilt in a sausage matter so that every time you move it from left to right, it doesn't drag over the rails. I don't have large clamps, so I use bicycle leg clamps I purchased ages ago. It does the same trick.

Another Quilt

 

There is already a second quilt set on the Cutie Frame. I'll practice the same lop-wave to gain petal speed control and continual consistent stitches.
Another tool I plan to purchase to make this frame more effective is a Cutie Chanel Look. It prevents the sewing machine tray from swinging while dragging the quit from left to right.

In Progress

1. Abide in Him: Worked on the her hair, face, and limps, and  the cross.

2. Planning for year 2024: Choosing patterns & fabrics.

3.Pat Slaon QAL: O My Stars

4. On Cutie Frame: Giddy Gridlock


Let's Go Quilt!






 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...