Tuesday 17 October 2023

Pumpkins


How was your Thanksgiving? I hope you had a wonderful time with family and friends. We spent our Thanksgiving with another couple and kept it simple. It was more important to support our friends who were going through a difficult time. 

We are thankful for the plenty we had from our garden this year, even if it was a rainy summer. We cultivated many cucumbers, tomatoes, spaghetti squashes, beans, and lettuce.  

 

 New List of Projects

 

When it rained, I quilted tops and finished a long-term project. I went through all the tasks and organized them in Plastic Clear Bins with a label indicating their completion—the new list was in order of priority for each one.

Each project has the pattern's name, and a label on the right indicating what is done inside: Top, backing, binding & label.


 
The bins all fit great in the upper-opened closet in my sewing room. From the left to the right are the priority order. As you noticed, one quilt is already sandwiched and ready to be quilted. I have two sewing machines. One for assemblage and the other for quilting. Whichever organization system works for you that would encourage your sewing- mojo to move forward.

Pumpkins

For the last three years, I followed Pat Sloan: I love to Make Quilts to keep my sewing mojo creativity alive. Seeing many of her simple patterns and gorgeous fabric inspired me to make one of my quilts using the EQ8 software. While watching her progress with her choices of materials for her pumpkins, I ordered my fabrics and started sewing mine.


                                                          Oupsy! I sewed one row upside-down


Using one wall to visualize our progress is excellent. For this pumpkin project, I used only two pumpkin blocks. One is applique, sewing on the tip with stitches. The other pumpkins were sewed with 2 1/2" strips. The pattern was modified for more straightforward sewing purposes and cutting.


Pumpkin 1

                                                                 Pumpkin 1

Quilting

I modernized the look by quilting straight lines about 1/2" - 3/4" apart, and I didn't mark the top and used a walking foot on the Janome 7700.

                                                 With the extra blocks, I made table runners.

I'm so glad this Pumpkin quilt is completed before the end of October and hung on my hallway.
I used Halloween-themed fabrics for the backing, which I don't care about. It made an excellent backing and was not a waste of material. This collection fabric is All Hallows Eve FQ from Connecting Thread.

 On the Wall

The hallway is a great area to display seasonal quilts and I'm looking forward to do more of them of that size. It brings colours to our home. We both love it!

Happy Thanksgivings to all of you,

Let's Go Quilt!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...