Tuesday 26 September 2023

Quilt # 17: Spring Thaw 2

Hello,my quilting friends,

Spring Thaw by Jodi Nelson was an easy pattern to sew together and completed in June 2019. You can read all about it in the June 15, 2019 article. 

I donated Spring Thaw to a friend hospitalized for months for cancer treatment. He and his wife fell in love with the quilt, and she immediately laid it on their bed. After many months of complications with the cancer treatment and lung infection, my friend is finally in remission. Praise God for that. 

It was quilted with straight vertical and horizontal lines, giving it a modern look.


 Another beautiful quilt is done and gone! With each quilt I engaged with, I tried different combinations of free-motion design or kept it very simple. It all depends on how fast I want the quilt done.

 Taking Photo of a Quilt

Since we moved to our new property in 2020, I've been frustrated with taking clear and bright photos of my quilts. This summer, I finally hung a rope between two large three, and it's perfect for hanging all sizes of a quilt, but it's in the semi-shade, and the photos are more explicit. Oh well, c'est la vie.


Older Post

Here is the link to view my older post on Spring Thaw:

 https://quilter4him.blogspot.com/2019/06/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...