Wednesday 20 September 2023

Arcadia Avenue: Top Completed

 Where Have you Been?

I apologize for slacking the updates on all my projects these last few months. When I cancelled the Facebook account in April 2022, for some mysterious reason, I thought Quilter4Him was gone too. Then I realized the blog was a Google account, NOT Facebook  (slap on the forehead). 

You haven't missed too much because I stalled last winter anyway. (Hey, hey,hey evil laugh). I was editing my historical novel which I wrote about ten years ago. Yep, I went from one hobby I love to another one.

By March 2023, I told my daughter Jessica that I wasn't quilting anymore. And boy, oh boy, did I get a rebuked reply about  that, "Mom, you're not quitting your quilting. I love what you're doing!" Well, something like that (smile). And to make my daughter happy, I pulled out my quilting journal. Praise God,  I journaled everything because I wouldn't know where I left those projects months earlier.  It took me a day or two to figure out before I resumed resume quilting. Seeing how much was done so far is very encouraging. Thank you, Jessica:)

So here I am, dreading to write my first blog for 2023. But it's all good.

Here it begins:

From March through May 2023, I worked on the Arcadia Avenue blocks ( #7-#12). Each of those blocks takes about 3-4 hrs. If you remember, it is my first attempt at paper pieces and was awed by the colours and pattern effect it gives when done, and it is still need to be quilted. I dread quilting this beautiful quilt because I don't want to ruin it with a quilting design I don't like. 

 

Arcadia Avenue


Individual Blocks:





I cannot wait to see this top quilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...