Tuesday 5 April 2022

Echoes of Blues

Behold, I forgot keeping up with my blog! For some mysterious reason, last winter the quilting was put on hold and I dived into editing my first novel again for the 10th times. But in April, my daughter challenged me in getting back in that sewing room and work on my previous unfinished project.

Oh boy, it was good that I kept things organized and wrote notes in my quilting journal, otherwise, I would be lost in hour of frustration. This quilt below was completed in 2022, and the block was drafted in March 2022.

Since April 2023, I have completed Arcadia Avenue top and quilted at least four quilts, and I'll be glad to share those completed project in the coming weeks.


                                                           Echoes of Blue (50" x50")

MISTAKES 

 Even if I planned a few designs for the top, sometimes it doesn't work. The center of this quilt was quilting with a circle and a flower design, and you cannot see much of it. It took two hours to rip off the stitches, but it was worthwhile.

 

DRAWING DESIGN ON PLASTIC 

For the quilt corner, I wanted waves but wasn't sure it was going to work. So a great way to figure this one out is by placing a plastic vinyl over your top, and I draw the design with an erasable whiteboard marker. Wipe off the markings with a cloth.


HAVE FUN!

I free-motioned the waves in the corner, and I used a walking foot for the straight lines. I used a Grid ruler for the curves for the outer border. I did all the quilting with a Janome 7700.

 

                                          Here is a closer details of the quilting


MADE FROM SCRATCH

The backing, batting, and binding, all were used from pieces left from a previous projects. This quilt was entirely made from scratch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...