Wednesday 29 May 2019

Quilting Design- Shells

How long does it take to quilt an entire quilt? It all depends on the size of your quilt and the overall of your design. It goes a lot faster if it's a simple design, contrary to a more intricate one. This quilt took an average of 10 hours with only two simple designs: Waved lines & Echoshell.  The combination of both of these designs gave the quilt movement.

  Waved lines & Echoshell.



                              This was quilted on my Juki 2010 sewing machine

Sewing Binding


 It takes me an average between 3-4 hours to sew by hand the back of my binding. That was fine when I was making one quilt per year, but now I'm quilting many quilts per year, so I'm going back to sewing the binding with my machine.


                               Back of the quilt. You can see the binding was sewn nicely


                               Beautiful fabric for the back of this quilt.

Free Motion Quilting Design Gallery

Quick Method for Binding: Jordan Fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...