Friday 24 May 2019

Jeans Bag

There are many tutorials to make a bag with used jeans. Some were pretty purses or big bags, I wanted a small shoulder strap bag. They were not many tutorials for it and when I did find one on Youtube, it was in a foreign langue. No worries, the women had her measuring tape, so I could follow pretty much all her instructions.


My first attempt with a pair of children's jeans failed because there wasn't enough fabric above the pocket for a seam allowance and the pocket was set on an angle.

This is an adult pair of jeans I purchased at a thrift store for $6. You can make at least two little bags and some extra fabric jean is left for another project. Again, I didn't' account for the flap on the pocket, so I need to improvise. Hey, so much more fun!

You also need another piece for the back of the bag. You also need fabric for your lining, a button, and few strips of jeans for the shoulder strap.

 The pocket-jeans and lining are sewed together and turned over. The excess of fabric was trimmed off.

                                 I used masking tape to round up my corners and trimmed off.



                                  This was a very easy little bag to make and cute too.

A big thank you to Craft 2315 for their Youtube Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...