Wednesday 2 February 2022

Febuary Goals

 Hello everyone, 

All my goals for January that were written down in my planner were successful done.  Two quilt tops were quilted, 2 large quilt top were send to the long-arm services, the Homestead BMO 2021 top is done. In order for this to happen, I had to brake down the monthly assignments into daily mini-goals.

Also, I participated in the Declutter Challenge 2022 by Just Get It Done Quilt. The 20 days decluttering, not organizing, was a very helpful process.. It was insightful, rewarding, and hilarious at times to see everyone progress and some quilters are starting it, either in the middle of it.

FEBRUARY GOALS

Project I'm planning to complete this month are:
1. Winter Tree: quilt it
2. Design a top for a group of orphan blocks
3. Arcadia: Blooming #5. Assemble the block
4. Scoreboard: Quilt top
5. Sew binding of the 2 top that were send to the long-arm services.
 

Homestead BMO 2021

After I completed the Homestead top, I hung it in order to take a picture, but every time I passed by the quilt that day, my eyes kept glancing at the three blocks under the house. Why was that? When I realized my mistake, which I couldn't no longer ignored, I quickly folded the top and put it away, hoping my mind would ignore the obvious reason.

Was I able to ignore it? Nope!

 


The next day, I took the COURAGE  and harm myself with the seam ripper and removed  2/3  blocks. So what was the problem? It's all about balancing the fabric balance throughout the quilt. In this case,  I added to much medium/dark fabric in the center of the quilt.  By doing this, the house itself wasn't standing out, but rather blended with the 3 blocks.
 
BEFORE
 
 
 
AFTER


See the difference when I changed 2/3 medium/ dark blocks for 2 lighter ones? Now the house draw our attention to the center of the quilt as it's suppose too and the rest gives a pleasant overall of the quilt.
 

GRAPE CRUSH

For this quilt, I used non-slip machine quilting rulers by Angela Walters. It was my first time using those tools with a quilting-foot.
 
                                         Three different rulers were used to make this design.
 
Those rulers are thicker than your ordinary cutting rulers. This Slim ruler is the one I will be using the most.
 

 The rulers have white/black dotted lines that can be seen on either on a dark or light fabric. 
 
You can purchases Angela Walters' quilting rulers at Quilting is my Therapy or
 
 The non-slip quilting rulers can be purchases in group or individually. 
 
What are your goals for this month? 
 
 
"He has made everything beautiful in its time"
 Ecclesiastes 3:11

 

 

 

 

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...