Saturday 19 February 2022

Long-arm Machine

It's interesting that many people  think I own a long-arm machine. I don't! At least 95% of my quilt are done at home, but a few have gone to the long-arm services when I could afford it, which is rarely.   Long-arm services can cost between $200-350. All depends of the of backing fabric per meter, thread, and batting type you chose. Also the size of the quilt will determine the cost too.

  QUILT #1

The design I choose for this quilt turned out nice. When you've a geometric pattern, it's good to add a design that has wavy or circular movement.


The floral design gives movement to the entire quilt and the strips blocks seemed to disappear. 


For the backing, I chose a fabric that goes well with the top and has a blend of blues and brown, going from a light to dark.  This quilt is so reversible! 

QUILT #2 

This English Paper piece pattern, which took me five long year to hand-sew, if finally done.  For awhile I debated with myself how to quilt the top. There are so many great design for this unique pattern and another realization was that, I was a bit afraid to ruin it completely.  In the end, I decided to let go of my great ideas and  long-arm service finished it for me.  It turned out beautiful!
 

                                                                   Scrappy Milefiore

                                             Here is a closer view of the quilting design


                For the backing, I chose a blue and purple fabric that varies from a dark to a light tone.



                 Here is another close view of the quilting design on the back of the quilt. 

Quilt #1

This quilt was part of my 2018 challenge.  If you remember my challenge for that year was to sew all 18 tops from one magazine published in 2017. It took me longer than I expected it, but that fine too. challenge are there to incite advanced in your journey, not to hindered it. 

The Homestead quilt top was completed on May 2017 and you can view in under that date.
The Challenge 2017 was completed on September 2019 and you can view on my blog under that same date.

Quilt #2

You can view all my progress on my blog through, which I started in March 2016.
The pattern is by Katja Marek. 
https://www.katjasquiltshoppe.com/quilt-alongs/the-new-hexagon-millefiore-quilt-along/

What now?
Well, it's not over yet and I have to go back to quilting.

 “And as for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the Lord: “My Spirit that is upon you, and my words that I have put in your mouth, shall not depart out of your mouth, or out of the mouth of your offspring, or out of the mouth of your children's offspring,” says the Lord, “from this time forth and forevermore.” Isaiah 59:21


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...