Saturday 26 February 2022

Winter Tree

 Hello everyone,

With February having only 28 days, my short list of set goals was challenged. They were realistic goals, so why didn't I finished them all? One main reason was the historical-political events that has occurred in Ottawa were hard to ignore.  Also it was important for us to spend time with friends and new acquaintance whom loved us, shared the abounding friendship beyond our expectation.

February goals

1. Winter  Tree quilt- Done
2.EQ8- Design a top for orphan blocks- Nope
3.Arcadia block #5- Done
4.Scoreboard quilt-Nope
 
 

Winter Tree Quilt 

 This quilt was ripped apart almost completely, because it wasn't laying flat on the floor. From experience, I knew it wouldn't get fixed by quilting it. From the begging one the fabric I've used was very thin and kept shifting or getting distorted when I pressed it. It didn't matter that I measure every thing right or starch that fabric to death. It still moved!
 
Winter Tree

 
So I watched T.V. and used my wonderful seam-ripper and started to ripped the quilt apart. Not regrets whatsoever. Sometimes, it's better to deal with the problem then leave it in a closet for month. Also I wanted to quilt this one in the time of its season.
 
This quilt was free-motioned and used the Creative Grids ruler: Elvira for the borders.

                                The layout is different from the original pattern. 
 

Arcadia Quilt 

                                                                       BLOOMING-  Block #5

I'm impressed with myself with the completion of this block. It's so precise at the seams. If you love precision in your sewing, then you should consider paper piecing. This is my first attempt at this process and with block #5 done and looking great, I may used that technique in the future. 

Creativity- Designing

Not much happening with that EQ8. These are the orphan blocks that I may put together. Some of these blocks were sewed together between 1992-2019. 
 

 
Let the fun begin by creating a pattern for these blocks! 

                                                      Restore Our Land, O Lord

When the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion,
    we were like those who dream.
 Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
    and our tongue with shouts of joy;
then they said among the nations,
    “The Lord has done great things for them.”
 The Lord has done great things for us;
    we are glad.

Psalm 126: 1-3 


-Go in peace and seek joy from the Lord-

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...