Tuesday 18 January 2022

Interlocking Star Quilt: Completed!

 Hello everyone,

What would motivate your sewjo in order to complete a forgotten UFOs or In Progress project? there is many ways this can be done, by challenging yourself into taking only a few that your REALLY want done this year and work on it at least 30 minutes a day. It's amazing how much sewing can be done in a short session. 

 Good Habits

In order to get back into a good quilting habit,  I choose two simple designs I was familiar with and quilting a section everyday.  It was fun to get back into business and because I hadn't free-motion for many months, my shoulders were tense and my hands position went to far up the plate. This was a good idea to restart with a smaller quilt, so I put my whole body into good habits.


       FRONT:  It's sad that you cannot see much of the quilting. I may have to retake this picture on a sunnier day


For the back, I used what was left from the scraps  (color strips). Also used some of the dotted fabrics.

Flange Binding

This was my first attempt at sewing a 'flange binding'. Okay for those of you who don't know about the part of a quilt, it's the edges. That very thin edge at the outer far part of the quilt. A "flange binding" it made of TWO pieces of different fabrics,  instead of one. Then the binding was sewed from the back first, turned to the front and stitched.  A quilt like this one takes me about 3-4 hrs of hand stitching. Now it took me about 1 hr. including the preparation for the flange binding.

You can barely see the wavy lines and circles, but that was intended because I rather see the quilt-design, not the quilting design. 


💙 Let's Go Quilt to His glory!

 

"He will not grow faint or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth; and the coast lands wait for this law." Isaiah 42:4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...