Sunday 6 December 2020

Get it done in 2021!

 Usually my yearly goals starts in September and end in June, because I'm a gardener and outdoor person. The fact that I moved a bit to many times in the last three years and troubles surrounding our life, I needed to review what I had accomplished this far.  And with that in mine, I pulled out all my UFOs, tops, orphans blocks to see what I could do with them. To set myself new goals for the new coming year of 2021.

Goals for 2021

  • Make a list of all UFOs and write the starting date, status, and plan to finish it
  • Design patterns for those orphans blocks with the EQ8.
  • Follow at least 1 quilt-a-long with an awesome quilting on Youtube
  • Educate msyelf further with piecing my blocks.
  • Watch tutorials that inspires my creativity, develop friendship, and motivates to completion of all my UFOs
  • Improve my skill with Poppyprint
  • Keep a journal on my progress
  • Share my love for quilting on my Blog

Record of all my UFOs

This morning I wrote a list of all my UFOs, either they were orphan blocks or top quilt or abandon project. My list isn't long compared because I've been working on it these last few years. It work, but it does take commitment. This is going to be fun year to see those blocks turned into something, anything!

1. By My Neighbor

When our group of quilters offered a sewalong by Moda Be My Neighboor 2016 , which was a simple pattern and dung into my scraps to have fun with it.  Right then,  I decided to make not one, but TWO quilts at he same time, both with different fabric. This one is the black/white version.  I'm planning to quilt this one with an overall design.


Started: 2017
Status: Sandwiched
Plan: Ready to be quilted

2. Grandmother Garden Flower

One of my first hand stitching blocks I started in the early 1990s.  Many times throughout the years I seriously though of trowing those ugly blocks in the trash, but somehow I couldn't. They have no sentimental value. Then WHY have I kept them all those years!  Finally, after reconsideration, I challenged myself to make a small project with them. That is to see if it's going to happen in 2021.

Started: 1991
Status: 3 blocks
Plan: Rework

 

3. Connections

This is 1/18 tops I started in 2017 as a challenge to myself in order to use most of my stash only.  I never regretted my crazy idea of sewing all those tops in one entire year, but it did took me a bit longer. I used all my dotted fabric for this quilt called Connections and I cannot wait to quilt it.                                                                                                                                                                     

Started: 2017
Status: Top done
Plan: Ready to be quilted
 

4. Arcadia Avenue

 I felt in love with the solid bright hexagon quilt soon as I set eyes on Arcadia Avenue at the quilt show in Prince George, BC in 2018. The kit was costly but it was worth it. My first attempt at paper pieces project and so far my blocks are turning great. 

I would be shame and waste of money to leave this is a bin for year to come. It time to get it out of my closet.



Started: 2018
Status: 5/12 blocks completed
Plan: Work on few blocks


5. New Hexagon

This long-term millefiore is progressing at the slow and steady pace.  All the rosettes on the The New Hexagon-Millefiore Quilt are done and I'm presently working on its edges. Not sure exactly how many borders I will add to this quilt.


Started: 2018
Status: Sewing edges
Plan: Add a border 
 
 

6. Unloved Blue Blocks

 It's incredible how many blocks can be left out of a project and what can be done with them can be a challenge if they are not of the same color them.  The large block is from a previous quilt and the smaller ones from the quilt I just did with the mini-blocks Monday. 


started: 2018
Status: 2 finished block, some few smaller ones
Plan:  Use them in the back of a quilt
 

7. Time & Seasons

 A quilter-friend with her best intention, suggested we make this beautiful hand-applique quilt together by  Times and Seasons Calendar Quilt by Piecemaker

At first, I was thrilled and my quilter-friend taught me how to applique the piece. Each single blocks as a beautiful tree and a story to tell and I even saw this quilt done at a show. Gorgeous  breath taking. But soon realized after my third block, that she wasn't  on board at all and she hasn't even started one block or plan to do so it seemed. As beginner in that area, I quit. 
 
Started: 2002
Status: 3 blocks
Plan: Design a small project 
 

8. Log Cabin

 There are few blocks left from the curved log cabin I made and I may combine those blocks with the other blue ones. 
 
Started: 2012
Status: Few blocks & fabric left
Plan: Design a small quilt or pillow
 

9. Free-Motion

At times I'm pretty ambitious and I'll followed a renowned quilter in order to develop newer skills, like 365 Free Motion Quilting Designs . I soon realized this was great learning spot for me, but I get hook into another quilt-a-long with the same designer Building Blocks Quilt Pattern
 
Started: 2014
Status: Few blocks done
Plan: Baby quilt

10. Lost Flowers

These two large flowers were done with the Creative Grid 18 Edge Ruler.  I only used that ruler twice and it's a shame. I've done the same thing with other awesome tools.

Started: I've no idea
Status: 2 Dresden flowers
Plan: Small quilt or wall hanging

11. Winter Panels

When the first flakes of snow stayed on the frozen ground, I displayed all my favorite snowman attires throughout the house and they stayed out all winter. And so when I saw panel with snowman and winter themes, I buy at lest one row. Unfortunately that fabric got stored in a bin for many winters. But this month I set my mind to cut those panels, design a pattern with EQ8 and fi;nished it BEFORE winter is over.
 
Started: 2020
Status:Designed a patter, assembled
Plan: In progress
 

12. Spinners

This is not another UFOs, but a second baby quilt that my friend started with me. We both sewed this cute baby quilt together every week. But I moved away and she couldn't finish it. I'm hoping to get this lovely quilt done this year and send it to her. 

 Started: 2019
Status: Assembling the blocks
Plan: Complete and sent to friend

12. Design & Creativity

After listening to Leah Day podcast on How to Design Your Own Godess. the inspiration to create my own design came with a few skills in drawing, patterning, and brainstorming I didn't know I had.  I failed in love with  design enough to venture in creating the Praying Woman. 
 
 Started: 2020
Status: In progress. Pressing bias, background in progress
Plan: Continue

Ready to Go!

After I labelled each project in clear bins, I stored them under my cutting table where I can SEE them. A reminder of my goal for 2021.


 Christmas is around the corner with all its beautiful festivity.  This Christmas will be a very different one for my husband, our dog, and I, has we're going to spend at home alone, because of restrictions. Still I'll praise His name.  My love, joy, peace rest solemnly on Him my Savior Jesus Christ.  

 
LOVE- JOY- PEACE





No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...