Saturday 26 December 2020

Merry Christmas: Share the Love

In the last few days, I reflected on what Christmas truly represented for me and as it flew by, I knew in my mind that whatever happened in this world, Christmas could NEVER be cancelled. Christmas is all about Jesus Christ being born as a babe; not just a cute baby, rather because the world needed a Savior. He was born in the flesh, so he could died for our sins on the cross and was resurrected on the third day. That is the entire good news to us that this cute baby Jesus became our Savior if we confess and believed in Him.

Another thing I reflected upon, was how  amazing quilters can be with each other by sharing their love and hobby with each other on social media. Yeah, it's not the same as being  in person at a guild meeting; nevertheless, it was nice to see their faces and passion for people they never will meet in person.  I'm sure there are other groups that have done similar outreach with others with encouragement, support, and their love for their communities during the holidays. 

So...did I stop sewing during my holiday. Nope.

SNOWMAN QUILT

On the contrary, I've tried to complete a few projects before the end of the year. Started a few new ones, and planed others ones.  So yes, I've been sewing like crazy these last few days. One of the goal was to make a winter quilt using one yard of a panel I purchased maybe 10 years ago. I don't recalled.

This is one of the six panels I used in the small quilt. I quilted slightly around the main features of the panel. 


 There are only three different blocks pattern in this quilt that were repeated.


After the quilt was completed I added an additional border (grey one) because it was quite small.  I pinned the quilt on my living wall.

The backing is a white/light grey color.  This is one UFO completed and marked off my list. Yahoo!

 Now it a good time as ever to sing this Christmas song:

                Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
                But the fire is so delightful,
                And since we've no place to go,
                Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

God blessed your Christmas Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...