Thursday 26 March 2020

Big Dream- Week 2

Hello everyone, I have got a wonderful sewing and quilting week and made good progress with my Big Dream petals. Unfortunately, I have not received my ruler foot and rulers from Amazon.ca yet, because the items were shipped from China and are presently on hold at the warehouse. That's fine, I still can quilt each petal in a free-motion matter. 

WEEK 2- WAVY VINES PETAL

This Leaf Veins design was easy enough this week. The only guide I did was to trace a wavy line in the middle of the petal for the steam and echoes it back down. For the veins, I traced one wavy vein for as a guide. Each vine was echoed 1/2" apart.

 The first round of design is called Lef Veins. The Big Dream Quilt along Guidebook can be purchased at LeahDay.com/DreamGuide. All instructions are available for this panel. She also offered the same guide information on how to make a jacket too. You can download the pattern at a very low cost. There are free video tutorials that go along with this too.

MARKING THE PETALS

 

I've used the guide and pinned# on small papers to indicate which petals needed to be quilted in a specific design. I also pinned each corner of the panel with letters for a reference point that will follow the guidelines.

Join the fun!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...