Thursday 19 March 2020

Prayign Woman-Landscape

PRINTING PATTERN

I sketched my design then took a picture of it and downloaded it on my computer and used the EQ8 to print an accurate size for my project. With all those pages printed, it was a good thing I had a copy of the prayer-woman pattern to guide me, otherwise, I wouldn't have had troubled taping it together that would make sense.   
   
Printed pattern
 


I tapped all the sheets together in rows. After the Master-Pattern was completely done, I trace each landscape piece with Freezer paper or parchment paper. Any paper that you can see through is fine. I also wrote a  number on each piece as a reference point and do the same on my print-cope of the pattern.


All my landscape pieces were traced and then pinned to the right side of the fabric. When I traced the piece I added the seams allowance but I learned quickly that it had to be trimmed it off for the seam allowance to be accurated.

Following my landscape pattern, I turned over the seam allowance by finger pressing the seam and glued it down and I ironed it to give it a sharp edge.

This is another scrappy piece. You can see a bit of the paper on the right-side.

For the landscape pieces, I traced them individually but I learned that of the pieces resulted in not match perfectly. But for the sun rays, I traced the rays and sun in its entirety and marked some point along the lines. It was efficient in sewing the pieced together that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...