Wednesday 1 January 2020

Quilt Project Planner 2020

New Look

For 2020, I've decided to refresh my blog page with a new look,  set aside a few additional projects to my already big pile of old ones, and start a journal that will combine my Chrisitan journey through my love for quilting. I've kept a record of my achievement throughout the year by posting it on my blog. For a while, I also wanted to write a journal that would explain why I'm making that particular quilt and what challenge I came across with it. I will only write about the quilt I designed, not those that have already a designer or pattern. My desire is to slow down the process of my quilting and enjoy each aspect of its development.
 

Quilting Planner 2020


Make is simple. I've started a binder in 2017 which worked great for me for keeping track of all my projects.  I've reused the same binder by updating the label on the front cover and removed pages of a project that was completed last year. The project-in-progress is still in the binder. in previous years, I've also used a small spiral notebook for my weekly planning and note-taking. My blog was the journal entries of my progress throughout the year which I also share on Facebook, which I will continue doing so this year. It really keeps me on my toes.

Due Date Sheet

My blue quilting journal will be for record-keeping.  I purchased a bundle of three for $13  at Costco. Make a list of all the projects you're planning to complete for 2020 on a document, so that way you can reuse it later or updated it next year.  It's always nice to have a sheet of paper in your binder as a reference. I've also separated my binder into four sections; each one for its own pattern and goals.

Question &Ansewer

Those are the questions I asked in my last entry and here is my answer to them.

1. How many UFOs are you planning to finish this year?
I'm planning to use the EQ8 to complete five.

2. What techniques are you planning to learn?
I don't have one in mind, but if one comes my way to speed up the process or make it easier. Then I'm in!

3.Set a due date for all the in-progress projects. 
I've set a monthly plan in my Quilt Planner Binder for each project, but not a specif due-date.

4. What quilt-along/ or free-motion tutorial are you going to follow?
Leah's Quilting Friends Club


5. What quilter will help me to achieve my goal?
 I've followed the longest Leah Day blog, tutorials, and podcast, so I'm staying with her this year again. Also Karen Brown: Just Get it Done. Joran Fabric. Katja Marek for the New Hexagon.  Sew Easy, and Angela Walters.

6. Which category is my project: EPP, Free-motion, long arm, piecing, applique,...)
 The New Hexagon is an English paper piecing.  Arcadian Avenue is paper piecing and free-motioned my tops quilts.

7. List any new project
Humm, I don't have any name for those new ones.

8. What are my expectations, goals, motivation for this year?
 -To write a journal about my quilts
- Learn to draw a design for a new quilt
-Quilt new design on my tops
-Take clearer and better pictures of my finish project

Have a Happy New Year! And may God bless it:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...