Wednesday 18 December 2019

Christmas Tree Napkins

 Unbelievable, Christmas is in 7 days! We might not have pilled of snow in southern Ontario to prove it's winter here, but the blasting winds at our face is a constant reminder that it is colder. My dog Merlin passes his time in my company while I pieced together blocks or free-motion another quilt. My husband appears once in a while for a good chat, and all this is great during our longer stay indoor.
 Christmas projects aren't my forte, because the season is so busy with events and visiting, that I rarely find the time to do anything at all. But today, I was in the mood to sew something related to Christmas or winter and I pulled out my ONE bin of Christmas fabric -I'm not kidding, I've about five meters in all - and I made napkins with my little bitsy stash of fabric. Maybe after the holidays, I will purchase additional Christmas fabrics, but for now, I'm content with what I have.


               Christmas Tree Napkins by Jordan Fabric


For the year 2020, I want to design my own patterns, something I've done only once or twice,  and refresh my Quilting Planner for 2020.  One rule I've kept when I planned my next year of quilting, is to keep it simple. I divided a binder into a few sections and spread the work throughout the year.

Ask Yourself Questions

1. How many UFOs are you planning to finish this year?
2. What techniques are you planning to learn?
3.Set a due date for all the in-progress projects.
4. What quilt-along or free-motion tutorial are you going to follow?
5. What quilter will help me to achieve my goal?
6. Which category is my project: EPP, Free-motion, long arm, piecing, applique,...)
7. List any new project
8. What are my expectations, goals, motivation for this year?

Hum, that's enough brainstorming for now. Let's go sewing or quilting. Enjoy your shopping in this busy season. Be kind, patient, and loving. We're all going through this together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...