Friday 17 January 2020

Green's Crossing

Recording my daily works this week in my bullet journal was successful and completed a few tasks that I wrote down at the beginning of that week.  So far so good quilted a quilt top, customed designed a quilt using my EQ8, and drew my Praying Woman. The whole purpose of starting a bullet journal is that it would keep me on track from a week-to-week basis.
My Quilt Planner Binder gives me an entire overall of my goals for the entire year and is broke down into monthly goals.  In my bullet journal, I've broken down the months into a weekly task. Even if I successfully did a lot this week, I tended to switch from one project to another. There are always pros and cons to everything we start and I found very few with this idea. What I've learned quickly though, is I've to keep my bullet journal very simple otherwise it will not work for me. Next month, I will change the format a bit and see if it works better. Meanwhile, I quilted, I pieced, I cut and I had a wonderful time in my sewing room.

Green's Crossing


Each section was quilted with a simple pattern form the 365 Free Motion Quilting Designs by Leah Day.


 It was so windy Tuesday that my husband had to hold one of the quilt's corners down till the wind calm down a bit for the picture. It flapped like a sail in the wind!

The rest of the fabric was used to make the back of this quilt.

The Cross


 Getting this small wall quilt ready for quilting and will again use 365 free-motion quilting designs from Leah Day's book.


Praying Woman

One of my dreams for years was to design my own quilt that will reflect my love for Jesus Christ.  This was my first attempt at drawing a person with a landscape background. So far, I'm loving the result of my drawing but I wanted more complex in its design. My husband pointed out of a few things that would definitely have not to work and suggested that I would keep it simple and upon reflecting upon that, I totally agreed with him.

Playing with Colours

 It's fun and interesting all the different colour choices that came out from Prisma, the free-trial app on my phone. The original drawings is at the one at the bottom of the page.  I love the Praying Woman and I cannot wait to see done with fabric.
 The drawing at the bottom is the original and I've used my children's colouring markers to keep the cost down. Buying new markers sound wonderful and tempting, but I resisted it.  This drawing is a springboard for my colour choice for my fabrics.

Yes, I'm still using my statch of fabrics.
Happy Quilting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...