Friday 18 April 2014

Introduction: Engineer Homemaker


 I have homeschooled my three children, loved my husband, kept the house in order, and I've sewed for 38 years with breaks in the between. Like the average quilters, I bought fabric that fancied my eyes without a future plan for its use.

 

 That beautiful fabric lingered in my stash at least for years before a pattern hit me. After that, it was only a matter of time the fabric was pressed, cut into small bits and pieces, and turned into a wonderful, usable quilt
 
To make things more fun, I've decided to set a goal of completing 12 projects in one year, regardless if it's a UFO, quilt, or small project. Ohh...and the fabric has to come from my old stash, no new fabric. Okay, I didn't say I wasn't allow to purchase fabric, that would be too insane and unreasonable. 

So I dared myself to do this with a good creative attitude, lots of fun, and go where no quilter has gone before. I will explore my potential creativity and get out of my comfort zone. That will be a tough one!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...