Monday 21 April 2014

Sewfast

Today I finished sewing a cute simple dress and because I've gained weight, it's doesn't fit me at all. Yeah, that's what happens when  a pattern is cut two years ago before sewing it right away.


 I bought the fabric at Fabricland on their clearance area and the pattern was on sale too. No zipper to sew and very few seams. Shessh...I sewed this thing in a few hours. Because it's too small, I'm thinking of giving it to my daughter and make another one for myself.


You don't see it, but it's tied up in the front. There is a slip you can make with it. A great place to visit before purchasing a pattern is at :http://sewing.patternreview.com/
It's free to sign up.

Both garments were sewed in one day, but have in mind they were already cut. Okay, sewing clothing will not be part of my Challenge 12.
 A blouse done in a silky-light grey. The pattern  instruction are easy to follow, but  I struggled with the stupid neck-binding and couldn't remember how to make a thread-lop!

.
 No worries, saved by Youtube snap-video lessons, I was able to  accomplish the unthinkable. Voila! Beautiful neck-binding and under arms. Okay...back to quilting. Yes, yes, and yes to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...