Friday 19 February 2021

Winter/Summer Trees

This quilt was designed with four orphan blocks. Three of the 12 applique square I started in 2002 were never completed due to busyness with homeschooling and driving my kids around town for their classes and games.  It amazed me that all those years I never rid of them or gave them away, but kept those three blocks hidden in my closet. This year it was time to pull those orphan blocks and do something with them.

 The tree blocks are from :Piecemaker 2002 Times and Seasons 
 


More detail of one of the block 

And I also used two orphan blocks from Spring Thaw Quilt
 

 
 
For all the star blocks, I used precut scraps and picked color  that would match with the center. The whites and beige fabric was purchased for this project. You can learn how to sew the Criss Cross Star tutorial by Lori Holt  Sew Your Stash Serie #10
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...