Friday 12 February 2021

Be My Neighboor- Black & White

Another Be My Neighbor quilt that was done in the black and white version with all scrappy fabrics. I started in 2017 and completed last week. One project mark off my list. 

For this quilt, I kept the quilting design simple with only two main fillers. One are curve lines that are  echoed about five to six times. The other filler was a swirl to brake the monotony of the quilt. I used the quilting foot for the curve lines and free-motioned for the swirls. 

                                                      Very scrappy, but the result are great!


                                                    Closer details of the quilting

How much would you pay for a twin size quilt?

Here are the facts for this finished quilt size is: 68″ x 84.5"

1)TOP: Fabric ranges from $9-$25 for the top. Scraps are still good  and worth its original price.

2)WIDE BACKING: Price ranges from $19-$35. All depends of the novelty of the fabric. 

3)BATTING: Purchased in bulk or half-price, it  still comes at $12.99/meter

4) BINDING: The finished edge of the quilt

4) THREAD: Quality thread varies from $5-$15 a spool.

 5)LABOR: Priceless. It's made out of love for quilting and to give away.

 Be My Neighbor Quilt Pattern

 

                                                     Psalm 5:11-12

 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
    let them ever sing for joy,
and spread your protection over them,
    that those who love your name may exult in you.
For you bless the righteous, O Lord;
    you cover him with favor as with a shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...