Wednesday 16 September 2020

Mini-Block: Getting smaller & Smaller

 The mini-blocks are 3" x 3" when sewed together. Some pieces are smaller then other, making it difficult for my big fingers to sew them neatly, so I used a stiletto to push my fabric through the plate.  

I've set up a sewing room in our house with are rental with the bare necessities for quilting. The rest is packed and will stay packed until we purchase our next home.  But I'm thankful for the large window that brings alot of natural light in the bedroom. 

To gave myself accountability I wrote a schedule with weekly goals that are very achievable. At this point, I'm so distracted with our searched for a house that also drives us hours on the country side, which I don't mind, but it does take time away from other things that needs to be completed at home.

  Work on this block today. They are four smaller blocks inside that one block. Do you see it?

After my first attempt of sewing those nine pieced together and failed, I drew it on paper and made sure I sew them in the right way. 

 

Leah Day- Mini-blocks Monday

https://leahday.com/pages/mini-block-monday-quilt-piecing-tutorials-with-leah-day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...