Saturday 2 November 2019

Mini-Goals-3

My mini-goals for this week were:
1) Cross: Create quilting patterns
2)Millefiore Rosette #9- Glue pieces on the fabric
3)Apparel: Cut out dress

1. Creating Quilting Patterns- Done!

This idea of expressing my faith for Jesus Christ through the expression of designs on fabrics has been in my mind for many years and my first attempts with my Creation quilt didn't go too far. After only two blocks, I just left the idea alone unsatisfied with its result. Maybe because my idea is not quite develope on paper. Also, I didn't like how dense quilting made the fabric pulled at its center, so  I abandoned the project. But at the back of my mind, it nagged at me constantly.

And then last Fall, another design came into mind. I kept brainstorming this beautiful design in my mind, never letting it go. At times I drew pieces here in there in my notebook. And it grew bigger and I really wanted to make it.  That idea cames last Fall and still, I hadn't done it on paper, so it was time to make it happened. I drew a Cross on my drawing tablet and used a thin tracing paper over it to draw my quilting designs.  A Cross would be definitely simpler and my quilting designs would develop furthermore my skill in quilting.

Now can you imagine this done on fabric?!

2.Millefiore Rosette #9- Glue pieces on the fabric

Not done, because I realized that doing rosette 8 would be more effective. Also, I have started to sew the bigger pieces together as I watched TV.  I've made tremendous progress in three weeks and it's very encouraging to see this long term project taking shape. 

One hexie of rosette 9

3. Apparel: Cut out dress

That, I did not do this week, because I was just too busy working and getting ready for  Holloween gathering with kids and parents.

 My daughter and I made a very simple display and candies and hot chocolate were given for free to local children. It was a fun night. Indoor and not in the pouring rain and windy night.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...