Wednesday 10 May 2017

Crazy Curves Templates

Some of you may remember my old beige-stripped cushions, which I turned into a beautiful pillow that would nicely with my winter quilt.  I've my summer quilt on my bed now and the beige-stripped cushions are back with their ugliness. 
 
So why not make another set that goes would go nicely with my summer quilt.  Digging into my left-over scraps, I was so happy to found I had a few large pieces available for this project, but not enough for two. With a bit of playing around with my statch, I blended a few additional fabric that will go along with them. 

Now that about the pattern? Flipping over PillowPOP by Heather Bostic; 25 quick-sew projects to brighten your space. I found an interesting pattern for this project. It had curves. Yikes!! I never sew curved, oh well, time to learn.

The book compiled by Heather Bostic provided the paper templates pattern at the back of her book. At first, I thought no way, I'm not doing that and was blessed when I found the 7" Crazy Curves Temples by  Elisa's Backporch in our guild room and the templates were bigger.

 The 7" Crazy Curves Templates are easily cut using a rotary cutter. 

 After I sewed the curves together by putting the concave at the bottom and pulling gently on the top as I sew-along. No pinning, no gluing either. That's entirely my avenue is sewing thing. Fast and easy is my motto *laugh*

  Play. Play.Play. Isn't fun:)




Love the modern-look it gives my quilt. Fresh and new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...