Friday 5 May 2017

Quilt 4: Homestead


 With quilt #4, I opted for print fabric, instead of the solid fabrics suggested by the designer. Also the overall of the pattern didn't really caught my eyes and almost  skipped the pattern all together. Another reason I wanted passed over this pattern, is it require alot of fabrics for one colour, but in the end I pulled what I had and make the best for it. Isn't what challenges are there for, the take us out of our comfort quilting and creative zone.


Step 1: The rusty/aqua print is what guide my choices. Eight strips by the WOF were sewn together, then cut into squares.

                               
Steps 2: Two strips of 2 1/2" and one of 9" were sewn together then cut into strips.

Step 3:  After that making blocks was easy.



 Spring is here! I have to go outside and bath in the sun. Ahhhh feel so good. Back to sewing:(


 Step 4: It's time to lay our my blocks.

 Step 5: I used the same technique to align my shashing with a chalk marker. Even if I don't pinned, it easier when I sewed the two parts together by aligning those markers together.

A complete different outlook. Not my favorite quilt pattern and color, but I've keep do my challenge and I'm happy about it.

Now that SPRING is here and SUMMER around the corner, it will be harder for me to continue my challenges. Summer is soooo short. This is why I started my blog a few years ago, to keep sewing in and out of season. To bring new ideas, creativity, and challenges into my quilting world.

Hope you enjoy your spring walks as much as I do. 


Homestead is designed by  Cori Derkensen and Myra Harder. You can also found this pattern in the Quilty: Easy Modern Quilts 2016 magazine or purchase the pattern at Fon's and Porter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...