Tuesday 7 March 2017

Quilt 2- Play a Card

Everything is possible when you want to use your stash and this month was no exemption to the rule.

                                                       
                     My first choice for this project was to use this beautiful Batik: Sea & Sky Collection.


 But before I did so, I checked in my one of my bin that had few Ziploc bags which has leftover fabric from previous projects. To my surprise, one bag has enough 2 1/2" strips for the project in question. The pattern required 27 (2 1/2") and I counted 11 strips. There were also precut rectangles. Just what was needed.


  There were smaller pieces of white Batik and put them aside with my other Batik scraps.

  I was short only of a few pieces and use fabric of similar colours for the rest.
 This is what was left.


 When I laid the quilt on the snow, it was interesting how the white softer-fabric outer border differed from the brighter-white inner border. 

   
 Over here the outer border showed more, but I'm not sure I like it. In the end, I ripped off the softer-white fabric and the quilt is of good size without it. I used the softer-brighter fabric in my next quilt.

Which one do you prefer? Or would you add a whiter outer border?



Play a Card is designed by Brigitte Heitland and you can purchase her pattern at Fons & Porter love of quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...