Monday 20 February 2017

Together Forever: Sampler Quilt


Part of finishing UFOs can be as simple as combining one unfinished project with orphan blocks. That is exactly what I did. The blocks were of similar size for a starter, so it worked.

The light green/gold block are Blocks-of-the-Month (2015) and the aqua/green Batik blocks were from our share-workshop this season (2016/17).  Blending both projects to create a simpler quilt, came from ideas from scraps books and many scrappy quilts were definitely wilder and brighter than mine, so why not I thought tried it.


First I visualized and played with the blocks on my design wall, then designed a pattern with sashings and borders with EQ6. It really a good idea to draw your design on paper or using EQ for the final size of your quilts and layout.

Do you have UFOs that could be blended together to make a sampler quilt or smaller project? Or what ideas did you come up with to use them?


Let's stash away...UFOs *smile*





No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...