Friday 10 March 2017

Quilt 3- Blue Keys

My Quilter's Planner so far as exceeded my expectations. In many ways, it helped me to address these areas:
  • Kept me on schedule
  • Used left-over scraps as much as possible
  • Used common fabrics. The ones you asked, "Why did I buy that fabric?"
  • Alternated fabrics, if I didn't like the one suggested in the pattern
  • Choosit e fabrics for my project and precut them at the size required
  • Make the quilt top in one day
  • With the left-over pieces, I cut them into strips or squares and stored them in a bin
  • Recorded and posted my project on my Blog
  • Start working on the next project right away
There are many good reasons to start your own Quilter's Planner or to make a list of projects you want to complete this coming year. Go at your own pace. Never compare your pace with someone that has more time at hand or had more resources than you. Every quilter as their own ambitions. What's yours?


https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/c5/88/e1/c588e165af503ef08b3f726325658944.jpg
                                               Blue Keys quilt designed and made by Barbara Perrino


 Barbara Perrino is a modern designer. Her quilts and project are mostly done in solid fabrics. Many designers are tailoring their designs in that fashion to expose their beautiful quilting work.  Personally, I  came to appreciate their designs and creativity. It really challenged us, traditional quilters, to think out of the box.

The pattern by Barbara Perrino required many whites and blues solid fabrics. So what do you do if you don't have any or not enough? One favourite solution is to go buy more, but that's not what I did.

One fabric I had enough was this green one and looked at the selvage, where the dots are, to select a coordinating fabric that went well with it. Of course, I changed my mind and opted for a white one instead.


There are six huge blocks. A very easy and perfect pattern for beginners.  After I laid the blocks on the floor,  I liked the interlocking pattern the white part did. This pattern could be fun with children's print fabrics.

 It gets bigger and bigger with each additional sashings and borders.



I purchased this fabric on sale many years ago and finally put it to good use. The softer-whites are from the previous project that I ripped off.  Nothing wasted away.

You can purchase Bleu Keys pattern at Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting





No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...