Monday 16 May 2016

Layer Cake & Fat Quaters

When you fall in love with the fabric that is already prepacked, what do you do with it? If you're like me, I purchased it, because it was a super great deal or love the colours, but most of the time I stashed it away because I had no plan for it.

They come in different sizes and shapes, from squares, strip, hexagons, and bundles. There are very fun for small projects and if you don't won't think too much about a colour them, then you're set with one of those.

This quilt was made using an FQ bundle I purchased for its bright colours. Eventually, I didn't like it much and tossed it aside. When we did one of our share-workshop, I grabbed the bundle, thinking nothing worse could happen to it, then staying hidden in a bin.


It turned out quite beautiful. Someone suggested I did flying geese in opposite corners. The pattern was called Magic Tiles. Another interesting technique was available on the internet. Our guild uses a simple version that was easy for everyone to complete in a day. This was my first attempt at sewing flying geese...without instruction or pattern.




Some times we don't purchase kids, they're given to us. What then! These fat quarters of green, pink, and floral were from the goody-bag I received from our quilt day out and purchased the black to accented those light colours. Of course, they're always chocolates.

Our retreat was around the corner and decided to fish for a cute and simple pattern and used them as they were not really my favourite fabric, certainly not the large black-floral.

Multi-Faceted Charm Pack Quilt

     The result was so beautiful, I would sell it at our Studio Fair next fall. Imagine that *smile*, For now, I need to plan the FM for both quilts. You can find this pattern at Moda Bake Shop


No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...