Friday 12 August 2016

Modernised Disapearing Nine Patch

Well, it has been a long time since I've posted something. Being an outdoor person, you'll often times see me outside rather than inside. Besides quilting, gardening and walking my dog in trails during the summer are a few of my favourite things to do.

 The unfinished quilt is left abandon for a short time, but I've at less one hand-sewing project for the summer. This way when returning to my studio in September my mind is renewed with vibrated energy and plenty of ideas for the winter.

Last July with visited P.E.I, Maritime, and Nova Scotia for two weeks. It was wonderful and my husband and I want to go back in a few years. What about you? Do you continue quilting throughout the summer or take a break. Do you go on holiday with your family?  Or simply stay cool indoor during at hot days:)


This beautiful aqua/purple Batik quilt is for my daughter who wanted colours that would accentuated her curtains and also had a modern feel to it, and not so scrappy looking. That's were images on the internet help a lot to visualize what we wanted. I wanted simple and fast. We wanted this quilt NOW.  After I spotted a simple modern pattern, I purchased it at Etsy.

Guess what...the pattern was a simple Disappearing Nine Patch. Only on a larger scale. I was a bit angry with myself for buying a pattern I could have designed myself, but in the end, it works to my favour as it had all the measurement and fabric requirements all laid out for me.

I  started the quilt at a retreat last April 2016.

The design I chose for this quilt are flames and was done by a local long-arm quilter. Then sewed the binding by hand. It's a beautiful aqua/purple Batik. Only need a label and voila!

Until September...Happy Summer and God bless it:)

1 comment:

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...