Tuesday 3 May 2016

Horsin' Around

Spring is here earlier this year, at least a full month, and with most of my weekends booked, it's no wonder I had no time left for posting my latest jams. With a bit of drive though, I managed to complete the Dancing Butterfly Quilt Pattern by Leah Day. Another quilt-as-you-go.


There are a total of 12 large blocks and 24 smaller ones to FM. Lots of fun learning new designs. Some are easier then others, but overall, if you break it into sections has, it's feasible. I'll strongly suggest if you have no or little experience with FM, that you practice a few designs with Free Motion Quilting Design Gallery


 Even after many years of FM, I still found myself pulling, tugging, or guiding my blocks that left ugly stitches in the back. They may not show on the front, but they certainly do in the back. My mind tends to tend to speed up in the curves. Seriously,  programming your mind to SLOW down isn't the easiest thing at times when you want to finish a quilt. *laugh*. What did helped me performed nicer stitches in those curves, not always, is I listened to music or something with a soft rhythm.  If everything fails, I lower my speed on my sewing machine, which I don't favour.


 The 1st and 2sd row in the back. See the ugly stitches pulling away. Need to slow down in the curves. 

 The 3rd row in the back. Much improvement:)

  A design wall would be so nice, but closet doors work...okay
               And floor certainly are wonderful *smile*

 It took about three months to complete this quilt by modifying the pattern. Instead of butterflies, I used panels with horses. Someone if my family will be delighted with this Horsin' Around quilt.

All done with my stash of fabrics. Love it!


Let's Stash Away another quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...