Tuesday 11 June 2024

Hen Party: Quilted

 Hello my quilting friends,

This top was quilted on the Janome Horizon 7700 with a simple stippling design on the hen's blocks and a free-motion flowers pattern and sun on the chick's blocks.

 

This quilt was entirely done with fabric from my stash. Even for the borders as you can see clearly they aren't of the same fabric.

 

Patterns

I find this pattern in the Quilt Mania Special Spring 2013, that was on a donation magazines pile at my local quilt store. This pattern was simple and perfect for a beginner quilter. Like me, if you find a pattern you like. Sew it!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/48/dd/27/48dd275d8d093ba418880aecf50db019.jpg
I'm not sure if this book is still available, but you can still find the Hen Party Pattern by Button and Bees at Connecting Thread. See link below.

Backing & Binding

For the backing, I've used large pieces of fabric that I didn't care much for anymore. And for the binding a bright red-orange strip of fabric.


Quilting

For the firs chick block, I used a Leonis Water Erasable Markers for the emplacement of free-motion flower, sun, and grass. Did that for the first two blocks but after that, I winged it. 
 
 


The hen's block were done with a free-motion stippling around the hens and feathers for the body. And last, I find little buttons for the eyes. The quilt hang in my guest room. 


Resources

Leonis Erasable Markers: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00QTIBOS4?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
 
Hen Party Pattern:https://www.connectingthreads.com/hen-party-pattern/p/55613


Let's Go Quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...