Monday 22 January 2024

Add it Up- Quilt #10

 The Add it Up quilt was the first top finished in 2024. It was quilted on the Cutie Frame with a  large stipple design. This design resembles a giant puzzle piece, and for a beginner just starting on the Cutie Frame like myself, this stipple design certainly gave me confidence. 



With a bit of practice, I've gained reasonable pedal control. For mysterious reasons, the thread would break and sometimes doesn't. Yes, I  have changed the needle, top, bobbin threads, and thread type. I've tried everything, but I figured out that it has to do with the speed of my sewing machine. Anyway, it is in the process of learning.

 This pattern is great for beginner. Large squares and rectangle combination give the effect of cross-crossing the plus signs. If you have large scale floral, this pattern could be perfect for this. 

We sewed, my new quilter friend and I in February 2019, this top together. It's only now that it was quilted. Almost five years later! That how long a finished top can be stored in our sewing room. Unloved, forgotten, and wasted to the dark corner of my sewing room. 

Okay, let's move on to another one. Shall we?

Pattern

Download pattern here:https://www.quiltingdaily.com/product/add-it-up-quilt-pattern-download/

Enjoy the Add it Up digital pattern from Quilty. Go big and come home.
Quilt By: Elizabeth Elliot
Quilt Size: 72″ x 90″
Project Rating: Beginner Level 3

Let's Go Quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garden Petal

Hello , my quilting friends,     Starching   On this sunny and breezy day, I starched all the fabric for the Garden Petal and hung it on th...